Do you have family members who live in other parts of the world? Where do they live? Have you encouraged them to have a look at our blog and leave comments?
Where would you like to travel in the world?
Choose a country which you would like to travel to. Create a blog that gives people the following information about the country.
- The capital city
- Language spoken
- Reasons for tourists to travel there – sightseeing highlights
- Map of the country
- Explanation about why you would like to go there.
- Other interesting information.
As an extra for experts I would like you to see if you could find edublogs from your chosen country and create a link to them.
LET’S GET TRAVELLING!
Since we have been sharing our favourite books, I have had a couple of people ask me how many books I have at home. So, I thought I would show you.
As you can see, I have two large bookcases and then I always have a stack of books beside my bed. Yes I really do love reading and I want you to too.
When I buy books I am often drawn to the cover. If the cover looks good then I am more likely to buy it.
What about you?
Have you ever picked up a book because it’s cover was appealing?
This week I want you to do the following:
- Share your favourite book with the class in a blog.
- Include a picture of the book.
- Explain why you chose to read it.
- Do you think the cover is appropriate -does it do the book justice and makes people want to read it? If not, explain how you think it could be improved.
- Give a summary of the book without giving away all the details.
Here is an example. This is one of the many books I hope to read to you this year:
A novel about growing up. It asserts the importance of living life on your own terms, and of competing for enjoyment rather than reward. It explores the complex love-hate relationship between a father and son.
Miss Dyer is reading it to her class at the moment and keeps telling me I have to read it to you. Let’s hope we have time.
I really like the cover with the boy in the centre. The colours are appealing and I would definitely pick this book up because of the cover – it just looks interesting.
I look forward to seeing what your favourites are.