Rio Olympics 2016

I LOVE the Olympics and I can’t wait to start watching this Friday when it all kicks off.

Check out this amazing Olympic advertisement from the BBC.

However, these Olympics seem to have been plagued by controversy. The Russian team has been found to be doping, the Olympic village is not completed and then there is the Zika virus.

What do you think about the 2016 Olympics? What are you looking forward to? Do you think the Russian team should have been allowed to compete? What would you like to compete in?

I want you to create a post about the 2016 Olympics. You could chose from the following activities:

1. Write a letter to the Olympic committee explaining why the Russian team should or should not be allowed to compete.
  2. Create a page about an Olympic sport you are really interested in. Include pictures of the team, when they will be competing and any interesting information about their road to get to the Olympics.
  3. Do you think New Zealand should ever try to host the Olympics? Write a letter to the Olympic committee to explain why.
  4. Choose one olympic athlete that you really admire and create a page about them. (This does not have to be a New Zealander).

3 thoughts on “Rio Olympics 2016

1. Hi R5. Just wanted to say thanks for all the great questions and comments this week. You guys and girls are great. Have a super weekend and keep warm. Cheers form R6 Paps.

2. Hi room 5. my name is Bobbie-Jo I am a year 6 student at Kawakawa primary school. I really like your video. And I like the part when it has the part when the monkey looking thing throwing the apple up into the sky. which part do you like?

3. Hi room 5. My name is Jackie from Kawakawa primary school room 3 a year 6 student also I’m 10-years-old. I really love your video because at the end brave men & women were standing by rio. My favorite part was when the Olympics started. My question is what was your favorite part?